Sales Internship Program / Houston or New Orleans
Internship (8-12 weeks)
This is a rotational internship program that will expose you to technical sales in both commercial institutions, as well as heavy industry. You will learn our business operations and different approaches to various types of customers, all while culminating in whether B2B (business-to-business) sales is the right path for you after graduation.
Corporate office based in either New Orleans, LA or La Porte, TX but responsibility includes the Central Gulf Coast for some daytime travel.
- Must be able to obtain a TWIC Card credential prior to starting the program
- Able to perform minor physical labor, <20%, if needed
- At the end of your Sophomore or Junior undergraduate year
- Candidate should be located in the Gulf Coast region; no relocation or housing assistance is provided.
- Must have authorization to work in the US (no sponsorship) and have a valid driver’s license.
Job Tactical Elements:
- This is a technical sales role to support both product and service business development efforts within End User markets
- Make field walk-through's with service personnel to gather required information to adequately specify and size products, assist in the development of the scope of work and assist in generating a cost estimate and client proposal.
- Interface with and support client representatives/engineers, Inside Sales, Sales/Service personnel regarding product and service applications.
- Develop and write detailed technical proposals.
- Coordinate with and provide detailed product pricing to Planner/Scheduler/Estimator staff on turnkey and service opportunities
- Assist in developing job packages and communicating necessary project related information with Field Service
- Provide Research & Development interface between the company’s resources and the client’s need perception and drive new product launches to in house personnel and Industrial end users.
- Become a Product Champion for select products and services that will be featured by the company on a rotating basis.
- Assist in the data collection requirements of equipment selection and the promotion of the company’s service, repair and maintenance capabilities via value proposition development.
- Coordinate with the Planner/Scheduler and Project Manager on:
- • Estimating Support
- • Developing project scopes
- • Technical specification of production required for purchasing
- • Assistance with field installation requirements and techniques
- Minimum 1-2 years of undergraduate studies complete.
Job Strategic Elements:
- Focus on the profitable development of all, steam, air, and water specialty product lines manufactured in house and represented by the company.
- Provide in-house training for client and company personnel including syllabus development and product feature/benefit profiles.
- Become competent in and apply technology specific to in house manufactured products and those of the principals represented by the company in the steam air and water specialty field, additive manufacturing, 3-D printing etc. with the driven initiative of driving growth in markets not currently served.
Apply With Steam Solutions
Get in touch about a current job opening or about potential future positions. We’ll be in touch if you fit our needs for the role.